Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Is Anything Going on in Sports??

The baseball season is almost over, and teams are making that one last push to be in the playoffs. I am very excited about this, not because I can't wait to watch the countless number of painfully long games left, but because it is almost over, thank God. I would rather watch womens college basketball than the MLB.

The NFL preseason is almost over as teams are playing their last preseason games this week. This can only mean one thing, and that one thing is that betting season is right around the corner. Oh how I love to bet on these games, not to mention fantasy football, and above those the actual games themselves are just very entertaining and relaxing to watch. I just love having an incentive to cheer on other players and teams that I have money on. (except when teams play against the Titans of course)

Not too far after the start of the NFl regular season NBA teams will open up training camp. As far as the Pacers go I would expect and surprisee finish and the 6th seed as long as there are no injuries that last too long. T.J. Ford is a very underrated player, and with Coach Jim O'brians system it should be very fun to watch to say the least. I am not really sure what to expect from Danny Granger this year as I think Mike Dunleavy will take away from his scoring, but they definitely make a very good one two punch. The trouble of course is playing defense. The Pacers were on of the worst defensive teams last season. My biggest worry is Roy Hibbert though. Hopefully he will be able to fit in well with the Pacers up tempo style, as Hibbert is very slow and not very athletic. If the Pacers could have gotten one of the Lopez twins, oh my I would be smiling from ear to ear. Also Marquis Daniels is in a contract year, so expect him to be in 6th man contention, I have always been a fan of his game since seeing him as a rookie in Dallas, and now he might have his best season yet.

well I think that is it for now so I am out like the Yanks in the playoff race

No comments: