Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Take on Summer Sports

what is going on everybody?, my name is Robbie McCance, and I am a freshman at Indiana State University. I am living on the eighth floor of Blumberg Hall hints the title of the site. Anyway this is going to be mostly a sports blog, but I may talk about anything from movies to politics, and all of that good stuff.

As for summer sports, thank God for the summer olympics, because baseball sucks. I am a big time basketball fan, and the USA's tear through group play has been highly entertaining to me. Many analyists are being discouraged about team "redeem's" performance, but I think we are playing great basketball, especially after dismantalling Spain, it now seems as if everyone is on the bandwagon that I never got off of. Poor perimeter shooting seems to be a cause of concern to most people covering team USA, but for me if we can't make a 3 pointer and still manage to win by an average of 30 points, I dont see where the problem is. Our defense is superb, and Dwayne Wade simply cannot be stopped, he might average 35 for the heat this year barring injury. originally I wasn't big on Chris Bosh as he played not very well in my opinion, but he has been absolutely awesome during group play. I am expecting the USA to win the Gold medal, and never trail in the medal round.

Is it just me or is Chris Paul playing down to the level of competition in Beijing? He just seems like such a better player in NBA competition. D-Wade is the MVP of the team if they give those titles away in the Olympics.

Now that Michael Phelps has won 348 gold medals, the next best thing to watch is definately table tennis,(not ping pong) if you have not seen these pros play it is simply astonishing. If I had to give this Olympics a letter grade, I would give out an A+(do teachers give those out anymore or are they just A's?) the level of excitement, from the US's point of view is a 10 out of 10. First you had those idiots with the face masks, I wish they would have been stabbed not the other people, then there is the Phelp's 8 gold medal chase where we Amercians smacked down those God Awful Frenchies, and there is the redemtion sought out by USA mens basketball.

as it is getting late here in Indiana I think I'll end my first post, by signing off and watching a boring ass baseball game. expect my take on fantasy football in a soon to appear blog

No comments: