Sunday, August 24, 2008

Redeemed?


First off let me say congratulations to the USA mens basketball team, for winning the gold medal at the olympics, and hats off to the Spanish national team for playing as well as they did in the gold medal game.


My question is this, is the USA men's basketball team truly redeemed? For the players on this team as well as on the athens team, I would expect them to feel that they have redeemed themselves, but is America actually redeemed? I say no, with a name like the redeem team the first thing that comes to your mind is that the USA mens team still lost in 2004, and lost embarrassingly I might add. For me at least I feel as if the USA wins the next 4 or 5 gold medals then not all, but most of the 2004 games will be forgotten, but if we go out and lose in 2012 was this really the redeem team?


I just hope that we take the smart approach to every olympic games, like we did for this year by having the team together for such a long period of time. I just have to say get the next team on board as soon as possible, a three year or two year commitment, whatever it may be just get the team on board, and kick the Worlds ass again in 4 years.
until next time everybody I'm out

No comments: